What is Cyber Security?
Hello students, are you interested in computer science? Do you want to know about Cyber security courses after 12th in India or outside India? Do You Want To Build Your Career In Information Technology? And most of all, do you want to enjoy an awesome salary (8-10 LPA) in a highly demanding job? If the answer to all these questions is yes then you should do engineering in Cyber Security. So that your dream job does not go away from you. Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security.
Now if you think that suddenly there is so much demand for cyber security courses, then take a look around. All the facilities that we are enjoying nowadays, for which we do not have to stand in a long line, it is only for the internet. And this is why everything is being digitized nowadays. Imagine for a second how many things are now available online. For example- E-commerce, E-Governance, E-Learning, E-Banking, etc.
Why Cyber Security Courses are very demanding?
We have learned enough that this growth of the internet has added a lot of comfort to our lifestyle. But did you know that it has become very easy for hackers to breach the computer network and hack it and leak the information of any organization? You know that whether the organization is small or big, in the country or abroad, private or government, everyone has business data or information. And once you think about how much damage this information will get if it goes into the wrong hands. And this often happens because their data is not secure.
Demand for this specialty has grown significantly as a result of recent corporate scandals. A Cyber Security Expert keeps the data and privacy of all those companies secure. For which their salary package is relatively high. You will be happy to know that the demand for it is increasing in India as well as in the whole world.
Now you have understood how profitable it is to make a career in Cyber Security, and also the scope of the future.
So you can easily enter this field by completing some of the courses mentioned below. So let’s know about all those courses.
Cyber Security Courses after 12th:
Candidates can pursue this course part-time, full-time or it can be pursued online. The majority of courses related to this field are offered as full-time programs by the government and private colleges. Certification courses are more popular among prospective students.
Popular Cyber Security courses which can be pursued after class 12 are listed below-
|B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering with Cyber Security||4 Years|
|B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering with Cyber Security and Forensics.||4 Years|
|B.Tech in Computer Science||4 Years|
|BE in Information Technology||4 Years|
|B.Sc in Cyber Security||Years|
|BCA with Microsoft Cloud Computing and Cyber Security||3 Years|
|BCA Hons. In Cyber Security||3 Years|
Cyber Security course eligibility:
The candidate must fulfill all the Cyber Security eligibility criteria to apply for admission. The candidate can check eligibility related information listed below:
For UG and PG Diploma in Computer Science-
- The candidate can continue with a diploma through the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- The candidate must complete the graduation or master’s degree examination to pursue the diploma courses.
For B.Tech/B.E/B.Sc in Computer Science-
- Candidates have to complete the 12th level examination to apply for admission in cyber security.
- Applicants must be passed with 60% minimum marks in PCM as the main subject.
- Applicants should obtain an acceptable rank and mark in JEE Mains Entrance examination in order to get admission in B.Tech or B.E.
For M.Tech/M.E in Computer Science-
- Applicants must be the holder of the bachelor’s degree of B.Tech or B.E or any other equivalent technical degree.
- Must be passed with at least 55% marks in the examination.
- Candidates have to score acceptable marks and rank in the GATE entrance examination.
Entrance exams for Cyber Security Courses after 12th:
Given below are some UG Entrance Exams which a candidate can give after completing class 12.
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Mode of Exam|
|HITSEEE||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||Online|
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the All India entrance examination test like GATE or JEE Main, the candidate will be selected after the examination conducted by the university itself.
- The admission will be based on the merit list.
- To get admission in cyber security candidates must have qualified JEE Main or Gate in order to get selected.
- The selected candidate has to attend the counseling session and go on with documents verification before the final admission procedure.
Best Colleges/Universities with Cyber Security Course:
Applicants can check out colleges and universities listed below –
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Allahabad
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
Cyber Security-Related Jobs:
Candidates will be fit in the job roles listed below after cyber security courses after 12th. But it may vary according to the applicant’s choice.
- Application Security
- Network Security
- Security Analyst
- Forensic Expert
- Security Architect
- Penetration Test
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Code Auditor
Popular Recruiters after Cyber Security Courses:
Also Read: Best Railway Engineering courses after 12th
Cyber Security courses Scope:
- There is a huge demand for Cyber Security professionals due to the cyberattacks on the systems of many companies and banks.
- The companies hire professionals so that they can develop new security networks and protect their data and stop malicious hackers from breaking into companies’ systems and destroying their sensitive data.
- The salary of a Cyber Security Professional depends upon the work experience and the company in which they are working but talking about the initial salary,a cyber security specialist earns Rs.3 lakh INR to Rs.4 lakh INR per annum.
FAQ’s on Cyber Security courses after 12th:
Q. Can I do cyber security course after 12th? A-> Yes, of course you can opt for this course after the 12th. Q. Which course is best for cyber security? A-> All of the available courses are demanding in cyber security. Do a more research and find your ideal course. Q. Does Cyber Security require Coding? A-> Majority of jobs do not require coding. However, it may be required for some mid and upper-level positions. Q. Is a Cyber Security course difficult to study? A-> With appropriate training, hard work, determination, interest, and genuine study, Cyber security is not difficult to learn and understand. Q. What is the best degree in Cyber Security after 12th? A-> The best of the options in the field includes but are not limited to B.Tech in cyber security, B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with Cyber Security, and many more.